Pure Vegan, Advanced Vegan vs NOW Foods Liquid Multi Gels
All of the differences set out neatly so that you can make a choice between them.
The Complete Nutritional Comparison shows matched nutrients side-by-side with the following symbols:
- -58% ↓ OR 43% ↑ OR = (the differences in the amount of the ingredient)
- (means ingredients are similar nutritionally)
- ↓ (beside ingredients in the first multi with no match in the second multi) OR ↑ (for ingredients that are only present in the second multi)
- (Click to see the reasons for similar matches and for important information.)
Complete nutritional comparison
|Pure Vegan, Advanced Vegan (Daily Dose)||NOW Foods Liquid Multi Gels (Daily Dose)|
|Betatene® providing:||158 mg||↓|
|Vitamin A (as Alpha-Carotene & Beta-Carotene)||12500 IU||3000 µg||?||Vitamin A (60% as Beta-Carotene and 40% as Retinyl Palmitate)|
|Lutein||49 µg||250 µg||410% ↑||Lutein (from Marigold Extract)|
|Vitamin C (as Ascorbyl Palmitate & Ascorbic Acid)||100 mg||300 mg||200% ↑||Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid)|
|Vitamin D (as Ergocalciferol)||200 IU||10 µg||?||Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol) (400 IU)|
|Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopherpl Acetate)||200 IU||268 mg||?||Vitamin E (as d-alpha Tocopherol)|
|Thiamine (Vitamin B1)||50 mg||50 mg||=||Thiamin (from Thiamin HCl) (Vitamin B-1)|
|Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)||50 mg||25 mg||-50% ↓||Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2)|
|Niacinamide||50 mg||50 mg||Niacin (as Niacinamide) (Vitamin B-3)|
Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3. Niacin is also called vitamin B3.
• "Niacin and nicotinamide. What is it? How effective is it? How does it work? Are there safety concerns? Are there interactions with other medications or herb and supplements?"
Medline Plus: Niacin and niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
• "Small Molecule Pathway Database (SMPDB): Nicotinate and Nicotinamide Metabolism (homosapiens)"
Genome Alberta & Genome Canada
SMPDB: Nicotinate and Nicotinamide Metabolism
• "Recommendations for niacin dosage by life stage and gender"
National Health and Medical Research Council - Australia, Ministry of Health - New Zealand
Niacin - Nutrient Reference Values Australia and New Zealand
• "Dietary supplement ingredient database: unit conversion tables"
National Institute of Health
Unit conversions for vitamins
|Pyridoxine HCL (Vitamin B6)||50 mg||50 mg||Vitamin B-6 (from Pyridoxine HCl)|
Pyridoxine hydrochloride contains pyridoxine. The body converts pyridoxine to pyridoxal. The body converts pyridoxal to vitamin B6.
• "Foundational Medicine Review 2001 Vol 6: Shows the most active form of Vitamin B6, Biochemistry and Clinical Applications"
Foundational Medicine Review: Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine; Pyridoxal 5'Phosphate)
• "The three main forms of Vitamin B6. Its effect on nervous system function, red blood cell formation, niacin formation, hormone function, nucleic acid synthesis, the RDA, disease prevention and treatment, sources, supplements and safety."
byJane Higdon, Ph.D and Victoria J. Drake, Ph.D, Linus Pauling Institute
LPI - Micro Nutrient Info Center - Vitamin B6
• "Tool for calculating molecular weights"
Web QC - Molecular Weight Calculation Tool
|Folic Acid||800 µg||1360 mcg DFE||Folate (800 mcg folic acid)|
Both folic acid and folate are forms of vitamin B9.
• "Small Molecule Pathway Database (SMPDB): Folate metabolism"
Genome Alberta, Genome British Columbia & Genome Canada
SMPDB: Folate Metabolism
• "Folate fact sheet for health professionals"
Office of Dietary Supplements - National Institutes of Health - USA
Folate fact sheet for Health Professionals
|Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)||6 µg||100 µg||1567% ↑||Vitamin B-12 (as Cyanocobalamin)|
|Biotin||300 µg||300 µg||=||Biotin|
|Pantothenic Acid||50 mg||50 mg||=||Pantothenic Acid (from Calcium Pantothenate)|
|Calcium (as Calcium Citrate & Bisglycinate)||100 mg||100 mg||=||Calcium (from Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Citrate and Calcium Amino Acid Chelate)|
|Iodine (as Potassium Iodide)||150 µg||150 µg||=||Iodine (from Potassium Iodide)|
|Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate, Alpha Ketogluturate, & Oxide)||150 mg||100 mg||-33% ↓||Magnesium (from Magnesium Oxide and Magnesium Citrate)|
|Zinc (as Zinc Amino Acid Chelate)||10 mg||15 mg||50% ↑||Zinc (from Amino Acid Chelate)|
|Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine)||200 µg||70 µg||-65% ↓||Selenium (from L-Selenomethionine)|
|Copper (as Copper Gluconate)||2 mg||1 mg||-50% ↓||Copper (from Amino Acid Chelate)|
|Manganese (as Manganese Citrate)||2 mg||2 mg||=||Manganese (from Amino Acid Chelate)|
|Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate)||200 µg||120 µg||-40% ↓||Chromium (from Amino Acid Chelate)|
|Molybdenum (as Molybdenum Chelate)||75 µg||25 µg||-67% ↓||Molybdenum (from Sodium Molybdate)|
|Potassium (as Potassium Aspartate, Alpha Ketoglutarate, & Citrate)||99 mg||25 mg||-75% ↓||Potassium (from Potassium Chloride)|
|Alpha Lipoic Acid||5 mg||30 mg||500% ↑||Alpha Lipoic Acid|
|L-Carnitine Tartrate||100 mg||↓|
|Inositol||50 mg||25 mg||-50% ↓||Inositol|
|Grapeseed Extract 95%||5 mg||↓|
|PABA (Para Aminobenzoic Acid)||25 mg||50 mg||100% ↑||PABA (Para-Aminobenzoic Acid)|
|Lycopene||3 mg||250 µg||-92% ↓||Lycopene (from Natural Tomato Extract)|
|Boron (as Boron Citrate)||2 mg||500 µg||-75% ↓||Boron (from Boron Citrate)|
|9 mg||↑||Iron (from Ferrochel® Bisglycinate Amino Acid Chelate)|
|800 mg||↑||Organic Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum)|
|25 µg||↑||Vanadium (from Vanadyl Sulfate)|
Nutrients only in Pure Vegan, Advanced Vegan
|Betatene® providing:||158 mg|
|L-Carnitine Tartrate||100 mg|
|Grapeseed Extract 95%||5 mg|
Nutrients only in NOW Foods Liquid Multi Gels
|Iron (from Ferrochel® Bisglycinate Amino Acid Chelate)||9 mg|
|Organic Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum)||800 mg|
|Vanadium (from Vanadyl Sulfate)||25 µg|
|Pure Vegan, Advanced Vegan||NOW Foods Liquid Multi Gels|
|Digeseb Plus® is a proprietary blend of enzymes which help digest food, minerals and proteins||Softgel Capsule (bovine gelatin, glycerin, water, carob), Beeswax, Soy Lecithin and Natural Vanilla Extract.|
Not manufactured with wheat, gluten, milk, egg, fish or shellfish ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
Iron Ferrochel® is a registered trademark of Albion Labs.