Dr Whitaker Forward Plus Daily Regimen vs Pure Vegan, Advanced Vegan
All of the differences set out neatly so that you can make a choice between them.
The Complete Nutritional Comparison shows matched nutrients side-by-side with the following symbols:
- -58% ↓ OR 43% ↑ OR = (the differences in the amount of the ingredient)
- (means ingredients are similar nutritionally)
- ↓ (beside ingredients in the first multi with no match in the second multi) OR ↑ (for ingredients that are only present in the second multi)
- (Click to see the reasons for similar matches and for important information.)
Complete nutritional comparison
|Dr Whitaker Forward Plus Daily Regimen (Daily Dose)||Pure Vegan, Advanced Vegan (Daily Dose)|
|Vitamin A (90% as beta-carotene, 10% as retinyl palmitate)||4500 mcg RAE||12500 IU||?||Vitamin A (as Alpha-Carotene & Beta-Carotene) [contained in: Betatene® providing:]|
|Vitamin C (as magnesium and calcium ascorbates, ascorbic acid)||1000 mg||100 mg||-90% ↓||Vitamin C (as Ascorbyl Palmitate & Ascorbic Acid)|
|Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol 400 IU)||20 µg||200 IU||?||Vitamin D (as Ergocalciferol)|
|Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl succinate)||134 mg||200 IU||?||Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopherpl Acetate)|
|Thiamine (as mononitrate)||50 mg||50 mg||=||Thiamine (Vitamin B1)|
|Riboflavin||50 mg||50 mg||=||Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)|
|Niacin (as niacinamide, niacin)||100 mg NE||50 mg||Niacinamide|
Niacin is also called vitamin B3. Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3.
• "Niacin and nicotinamide. What is it? How effective is it? How does it work? Are there safety concerns? Are there interactions with other medications or herb and supplements?"
Medline Plus: Niacin and niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
• "Small Molecule Pathway Database (SMPDB): Nicotinate and Nicotinamide Metabolism (homosapiens)"
Genome Alberta & Genome Canada
SMPDB: Nicotinate and Nicotinamide Metabolism
• "Recommendations for niacin dosage by life stage and gender"
National Health and Medical Research Council - Australia, Ministry of Health - New Zealand
Niacin - Nutrient Reference Values Australia and New Zealand
• "Dietary supplement ingredient database: unit conversion tables"
National Institute of Health
Unit conversions for vitamins
|Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride)||76 mg||50 mg||Pyridoxine HCL (Vitamin B6)|
The body converts pyridoxal to vitamin B6. The body converts pyridoxine to pyridoxal. Pyridoxine hydrochloride contains pyridoxine.
• "Foundational Medicine Review 2001 Vol 6: Shows the most active form of Vitamin B6, Biochemistry and Clinical Applications"
Foundational Medicine Review: Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine; Pyridoxal 5'Phosphate)
• "The three main forms of Vitamin B6. Its effect on nervous system function, red blood cell formation, niacin formation, hormone function, nucleic acid synthesis, the RDA, disease prevention and treatment, sources, supplements and safety."
byJane Higdon, Ph.D and Victoria J. Drake, Ph.D, Linus Pauling Institute
LPI - Micro Nutrient Info Center - Vitamin B6
• "Tool for calculating molecular weights"
Web QC - Molecular Weight Calculation Tool
|Folate||1330 mcg DFE||800 µg||Folic Acid|
Both folate and folic acid are forms of vitamin B9.
• "Small Molecule Pathway Database (SMPDB): Folate metabolism"
Genome Alberta, Genome British Columbia & Genome Canada
SMPDB: Folate Metabolism
• "Folate fact sheet for health professionals"
Office of Dietary Supplements - National Institutes of Health - USA
Folate fact sheet for Health Professionals
|Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin)||150 µg||6 µg||-96% ↓||Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)|
|Biotin||300 µg||300 µg||=||Biotin|
|Pantothenic Acid (as calcium pantothenate)||50 mg||50 mg||=||Pantothenic Acid|
|Choline (as bitartrate)||200 mg||50 mg||-75% ↓||Choline|
|Calcium (as carbonate, ascorbate)||1000 mg||100 mg||-90% ↓||Calcium (as Calcium Citrate & Bisglycinate)|
|Iodine (as potassium iodide)||150 µg||150 µg||=||Iodine (as Potassium Iodide)|
|Magnesium (as oxide, ascorbate)||500 mg||150 mg||-70% ↓||Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate, Alpha Ketogluturate, & Oxide)|
|Zinc (as monomethionine)||30 mg||10 mg||-67% ↓||Zinc (as Zinc Amino Acid Chelate)|
|Selenium (as selenomethionine)||200 µg||200 µg||=||Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine)|
|Copper (as gluconate)||2 mg||2 mg||=||Copper (as Copper Gluconate)|
|Manganese (as gluconate)||10 mg||2 mg||-80% ↓||Manganese (as Manganese Citrate)|
|Chromium (as polynicotinate)||200 µg||200 µg||=||Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate)|
|Molybdenum (as ascorbate)||130 µg||75 µg||-42% ↓||Molybdenum (as Molybdenum Chelate)|
|Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex||250 mg||↓|
|Gamma Tocopherol||100 mg||↓|
|Rutin||50 mg||10 mg||Quercetin|
Both rutin and quercetin are forms of flavonol.
• "Flavonoids, classification, metabolism and bioavailability, biological activities, disease prevention, supplements, safety, drug and nutrient interactions. Classifications include anthocyanidins, flavanols, flavanones, flavonols, flavones and isolflavones."
byJane Higdon, Ph.D and Victoria J. Drake, Ph.D, Christopher Bates, D.Phil, Linus Pauling Institute
LPI - Micro Nutrient Info Center - Flavonoids
• "PubChem: Rutin - Compound Summary"
National Center for Biotechnology Information - USA
PubChem: Rutin - Compound Summary
|Para-Aminobenzoic Acid (PABA)||50 mg||25 mg||-50% ↓||PABA (Para Aminobenzoic Acid)|
|Inositol||40 mg||50 mg||25% ↑||Inositol|
|Alpha Lipoic Acid||30 mg||5 mg||-83% ↓||Alpha Lipoic Acid|
|Silica (as silicon dioxide)||26 mg||↓|
|Delta Tocopherol||10 mg||↓|
|Mixed Tocotrienols (from palm oil)||10 mg||↓|
|Trace Mineral Complex||10 mg||↓|
|Fish Oil Concentrate||2 g||↓|
|EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid)(as ethyl ester)||540 mg||↓|
|DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)(as ethyl ester)||360 mg||↓|
|Cinnamon (as Cinnamomum cassia, bark)||1000 mg||↓|
|Proprietary Fruit Blend||200 mg||↓|
|Grape Seed Extract||5 mg||Grapeseed Extract 95%|
|Red Raspberry Concentrate||↓|
|Tart Cherry Concentrate||↓|
|Wild Blueberry Powder||↓|
|Wild Billberry Concentrate||↓|
|Resveratrol (from Japanese knotweed, root)||8 mg||↓|
|Lutein (from marigold flower)||1000 µg||49 µg||-95% ↓||Lutein|
|Lycopene (from tomato fruit)||1000 µg||3 mg||200% ↑||Lycopene|
|158 mg||↑||Betatene® providing: [all ingredients are matched elsewhere]|
|99 mg||↑||Potassium (as Potassium Aspartate, Alpha Ketoglutarate, & Citrate)|
|100 mg||↑||L-Carnitine Tartrate|
|2 mg||↑||Boron (as Boron Citrate)|
Nutrients only in Dr Whitaker Forward Plus Daily Regimen
|Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex||250 mg|
|Gamma Tocopherol||100 mg|
|Silica (as silicon dioxide)||26 mg|
|Delta Tocopherol||10 mg|
|Mixed Tocotrienols (from palm oil)||10 mg|
|Trace Mineral Complex||10 mg|
|Fish Oil Concentrate||2 g|
|EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid)(as ethyl ester)||540 mg|
|DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)(as ethyl ester)||360 mg|
|Cinnamon (as Cinnamomum cassia, bark)||1000 mg|
|Proprietary Fruit Blend||200 mg|
|Red Raspberry Concentrate|
|Tart Cherry Concentrate|
|Wild Blueberry Powder|
|Wild Billberry Concentrate|
|Resveratrol (from Japanese knotweed, root)||8 mg|
Nutrients only in Pure Vegan, Advanced Vegan
|Betatene® providing: [all ingredients are matched elsewhere]||158 mg|
|Potassium (as Potassium Aspartate, Alpha Ketoglutarate, & Citrate)||99 mg|
|L-Carnitine Tartrate||100 mg|
|Boron (as Boron Citrate)||2 mg|
|Dr Whitaker Forward Plus Daily Regimen||Pure Vegan, Advanced Vegan|
|Gelatin, ethyl vanillin, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, silica, potassium aspartate, purified water, natural lemon flavour, antioxidant blend for freshness (mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract, ascorbyl palmitate) CONTAINS: FISH (anchovy, sardine)||Digeseb Plus® is a proprietary blend of enzymes which help digest food, minerals and proteins|