Centrum Kids vs Pure Vegan, Advanced Vegan
All of the differences set out neatly so that you can make a choice between them.
The Complete Nutritional Comparison shows matched nutrients side-by-side with the following symbols:
- -58% ↓ OR 43% ↑ OR = (the differences in the amount of the ingredient)
- (means ingredients are similar nutritionally)
- ↓ (beside ingredients in the first multi with no match in the second multi) OR ↑ (for ingredients that are only present in the second multi)
- (Click to see the reasons for similar matches and for important information.)
Complete nutritional comparison
|Centrum Kids (Daily Dose)||Pure Vegan, Advanced Vegan (Daily Dose)|
|Vitamin A (53% as Beta-Carotene)||450 µg||12500 IU||?||Vitamin A (as Alpha-Carotene & Beta-Carotene) [contained in: Betatene® providing:]|
|Vitamin C||60 mg||100 mg||67% ↑||Vitamin C (as Ascorbyl Palmitate & Ascorbic Acid)|
|Vitamin D (400 IU)||10 µg||200 IU||?||Vitamin D (as Ergocalciferol)|
|Vitamin E||13.5 mg||200 IU||?||Vitamin E (as d-Alpha Tocopherpl Acetate)|
|Vitamin K||10 µg||↓|
|Thiamin||1.5 mg||50 mg||3233% ↑||Thiamine (Vitamin B1)|
|Riboflavin||1.7 mg||50 mg||2841% ↑||Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)|
|Niacin||20 mg||50 mg||Niacinamide|
Niacin is also called vitamin B3. Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3.
• "Niacin and nicotinamide. What is it? How effective is it? How does it work? Are there safety concerns? Are there interactions with other medications or herb and supplements?"
Medline Plus: Niacin and niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
• "Small Molecule Pathway Database (SMPDB): Nicotinate and Nicotinamide Metabolism (homosapiens)"
Genome Alberta & Genome Canada
SMPDB: Nicotinate and Nicotinamide Metabolism
• "Recommendations for niacin dosage by life stage and gender"
National Health and Medical Research Council - Australia, Ministry of Health - New Zealand
Niacin - Nutrient Reference Values Australia and New Zealand
• "Dietary supplement ingredient database: unit conversion tables"
National Institute of Health
Unit conversions for vitamins
|Vitamin B6||2 mg||50 mg||Pyridoxine HCL (Vitamin B6)|
The body converts pyridoxal to vitamin B6. The body converts pyridoxine to pyridoxal. Pyridoxine hydrochloride contains pyridoxine.
• "Foundational Medicine Review 2001 Vol 6: Shows the most active form of Vitamin B6, Biochemistry and Clinical Applications"
Foundational Medicine Review: Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine; Pyridoxal 5'Phosphate)
• "The three main forms of Vitamin B6. Its effect on nervous system function, red blood cell formation, niacin formation, hormone function, nucleic acid synthesis, the RDA, disease prevention and treatment, sources, supplements and safety."
byJane Higdon, Ph.D and Victoria J. Drake, Ph.D, Linus Pauling Institute
LPI - Micro Nutrient Info Center - Vitamin B6
• "Tool for calculating molecular weights"
Web QC - Molecular Weight Calculation Tool
|Folate (400mg Folic Acid)||667 mcg DFE||800 µg||Folic Acid|
Both folate and folic acid are forms of vitamin B9.
• "Small Molecule Pathway Database (SMPDB): Folate metabolism"
Genome Alberta, Genome British Columbia & Genome Canada
SMPDB: Folate Metabolism
• "Folate fact sheet for health professionals"
Office of Dietary Supplements - National Institutes of Health - USA
Folate fact sheet for Health Professionals
|Vitamin B12||6 µg||6 µg||=||Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)|
|Biotin||45 µg||300 µg||567% ↑||Biotin|
|Pantothenic Acid||10 mg||50 mg||400% ↑||Pantothenic Acid|
|Calcium||108 mg||100 mg||-7% ↓||Calcium (as Calcium Citrate & Bisglycinate)|
|Iodine||150 µg||150 µg||=||Iodine (as Potassium Iodide)|
|Magnesium||40 mg||150 mg||275% ↑||Magnesium (as Magnesium Citrate, Alpha Ketogluturate, & Oxide)|
|Zinc||15 mg||10 mg||-33% ↓||Zinc (as Zinc Amino Acid Chelate)|
|Copper||2 mg||2 mg||=||Copper (as Copper Gluconate)|
|Manganese||1 mg||2 mg||100% ↑||Manganese (as Manganese Citrate)|
|Chromium||20 µg||200 µg||900% ↑||Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate)|
|Molybdenum||20 µg||75 µg||275% ↑||Molybdenum (as Molybdenum Chelate)|
|158 mg||↑||Betatene® providing: [all ingredients are matched elsewhere]|
|200 µg||↑||Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine)|
|99 mg||↑||Potassium (as Potassium Aspartate, Alpha Ketoglutarate, & Citrate)|
|5 mg||↑||Alpha Lipoic Acid|
|100 mg||↑||L-Carnitine Tartrate|
|5 mg||↑||Grapeseed Extract 95%|
|25 mg||↑||PABA (Para Aminobenzoic Acid)|
|2 mg||↑||Boron (as Boron Citrate)|
Nutrients only in Centrum Kids
|Vitamin K||10 µg|
Nutrients only in Pure Vegan, Advanced Vegan
|Betatene® providing: [all ingredients are matched elsewhere]||158 mg|
|Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine)||200 µg|
|Potassium (as Potassium Aspartate, Alpha Ketoglutarate, & Citrate)||99 mg|
|Alpha Lipoic Acid||5 mg|
|L-Carnitine Tartrate||100 mg|
|Grapeseed Extract 95%||5 mg|
|PABA (Para Aminobenzoic Acid)||25 mg|
|Boron (as Boron Citrate)||2 mg|
|Centrum Kids||Pure Vegan, Advanced Vegan|
|Sugar, Dibasic Calcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Mannitol, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide, Ascorbic Acid (Vit. C), Mono- and Di-glycerides, Pregelatinized Corn Starch, Stearic Acid, Maltodextrin, DL-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E). Contains <2% of: Aspartame**, Beta-Carotene, BHT (to preserve freshness), Biotin, Blue 2 Lake, Calcium Pantothenate, Carbonyl Iron, Carrageenan, Cholecalciferol (Vit. D3), Chromic Chloride, Citric Acid, Cupric Oxide, Cyanocobalamin (Vit. B12), Dextrose, Folic Acid, Gelatin, Guar Gum, Magnesium Stearate, Malic Acid, Manganese Sulfate, Modified Corn Starch, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Niacinamide, Phytonadione (Vit. K), Potassium Iodide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vit. B6), Red 40 Lake, Riboflavin (Vit. B2), Silicon Dioxide, Sodium Molybdate, Thiamine Mononitrate (Vit. B1), Tocopherols (to preserve freshness), Vitamin A Acetate, Yellow 6 Lake, Zinc Oxide.||Digeseb Plus® is a proprietary blend of enzymes which help digest food, minerals and proteins|